PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Because I used to be a bodhisattva

You can always drop me a line
with a hook & then wait
              You need not fear the eskimos
                                                drinking vietnamese coffee
nor the waterlogged legions
                              of the dead leaving their damp
              footprints on the concrete

You’re always welcome here
              even when I’m not
                                                                here

                                                as is often the case

I’ll meet you half way

              with an empty bottle of Cuervo Gold
& a stolen copy of
                              The Diamond Sutra
              strapped to my leg
                                                                like a loaded .45