PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Partly Sunny w/a Prevailing Sense of Impending Doom

The remedial breeze
shuffling thru the gate like the Perfect Stranger

A probable wavescape perceived
tho we lack the pragma of diagnostics
preferring the simple relays of the short con

Roaring water roaring
in my head
                        leftover tropic storm surge
                                    in one ear / out the other
there was never any doubt

We park in the spot reserved for those wounded in battle
Order hepatitis cocktails at the Seismic Lounge
I need a surfboard shaped like my life I said
The waitress hands me a speargun & a dose of drizzling fog-
mist from an early Sunday morning in July
so promulgated between tides

There’s blood in my eyes
& a loaded question coming my way
any minute now