PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Paint a dollar sign on something when I die

Fuck Death
It must have been sometime in
1998 I cut out this big color
picture from the local newspaper
that showed the head of a
goofy looking donkey
braying & I inked in
“FUCK DEATH” along the
bottom of the picture
stuck it in a frame
& I’ve kept it on the all the walls
since then
near where I write
just to remind me

After the Bruised Heart
No, there’s no light
at the end & no severance
pay for all those days
spent like the money I
don’t have set alongside
an unreasonably blue
sky slanting down into
the sea

Cost Analysis
I can remember when death was
a joke mugging for the
cameras like John Malkovich
behind the wheel of a
fully loaded
’78 El Camino SS
quoting the tide charts
completely out of his fucking
mind

1978
I didn’t have any
money then
either