PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Go Ahead & Shoot

A wine-stained tombstone cutback
w/a kamikaze cross-step
however improbable
believes in itself.
Everything I know I learned at the movies
but I didn’t mean it that way.
Darkwater eyes blinking in the sun
as slick waves tumble into foam.
I thought I could taste tequila
& feel the warmth of concrete
radiating up thru my sneakers
at midnight
on a street I didn’t recognize.
Just me & “The Poems”
on the wrong side of the beach
looking for a needle in the sand.
Miracles happen when god makes the impossible
possible.  Breathing is essential,
I suppose, although often impractical.
A day half buried in the sand
half washed away in the tide.
“I didn’t even realize it was happening
& then it was done.”
November 19, 2013.  The mind opens & shuts.
I seem to have lost a day.