PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Song is one way to say it

Dreamed of a small flock of red-
wing blackbirds.  They flew in a
diamond formation, the largest
one at the very center of the
diamond.  When gliding in low
the large bird at the center of the
diamond pulled its wings tight against its
sides, held aloft & within the
formation by wind-shear aerodynamics
I guess.  How could I know?  I followed them
hoping to discover their
secrets. 
                Catching a thermal I tried to
explain the significance of the red-wing black-
bird, in general, & this small flock, in
particular.  Attempting to articulate a
theory in a dream is like playing
the piano w/your knees.
                                              I was reduced to
making a series of whistling & trilling
sounds with my tongue.  A poor imitation
of the song of the redwing blackbird. 
Some laughed at this.  Others
wept.