PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goodbye, Dirty Machine (part 36)


Gone over the case history leading up to my utter failure with Ramona, I could at least rest assured that my swingman would soon be on the mend...our first night in my bed together had been a Friday— we had spent the next day and night at each other’s lips...Ramona was a touch of the marvelous and a high hanging curve I swung at repeatedly all day long in the sun of Equatorsville, right up under everyone’s friendly noses, walking the beach up and down, stopping to lay across each other and stare...all day this went on, eating walking, breathing...what we wanted most was to get as far inside each other as possible and the best way we figured that was through the eyes and mouth, especially given that my dick was incapable of standing up straight...and by this time she had told me her woes with Raphael, the boyfriend, who had been supporting her with money and homes for the past two years, she the kept model, he the bread and butter connections...she told me she had to leave on the Sunday morning boat back to Belize City, where she was living like a kept virgin with Raphael...that gave us exactly one more night together...a terrible sense of desolation was starting to creep into our time, because we both knew it was running out...I had forgotten what it was like, this time mania...too close too fast too hot too ravaged...so we walked that beach up and down between Fido’s and my mother’s, unsure of anything but the hands that held between us, the nervous laughter, the sting going straight to the glands...the sluice gates of wonder, of wonder plus desire...which equals YOUTH, that fire, that bliss...and to be walking a beach in Central Amerka was wonderful, ravishing...I couldn’t be more taken by it all... and to look at her, not an inch of imperfection on the entire circumference of her quixotic form.

Open heart, open throat, open fly...so we lumbered on...to my mother’s and who knows what.   My mother...as I said she liked Ramona immensely, and as mothers do she inquired as to our dinner plans and not having any we all decided to cook up some lobster on the grill, along with some Conch Ceviche to start, eaten like salsa on local fried tortilla chips...In Belize Ceviche is great pieces of aphrodisiac shell shocked conch meat with chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrots, lime juice and my own special heartbreak stir, salt and pepper...and the lust engine will not falter because it is known as a powerful aphrodesiac...and the lobster, caught just the day before by John and David, the dive masters, on a special sneakaway mission where I got to be the bounty holder...see, John would have us all scouting, looking in rock overhangs, small caves,and along the floor and canyon walls...great WALLS sometimes 100 feet from the sea floor with a mix of colors of such intensity one could scarcely remember ever seeing anything like it—frightening blues, victim reds, violin yellows and emotional greens...crags and crooks, coral jagged and coral abstract fish everywhere of every size luminescent, neon in some cases, fabulous...

-Michael Price