PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Long Aloha

I’m driving my
              El Ranchero handgrenade
into the everlasting
                              sunset which should be
              the end of the story

                                                I can see the credits roll
                              up into the bruised
                                                                pink haze
                                                that never asks
                                                                            never answers
                              above the ocean which is
                                                full of water

as I downshift & light a cigarette
                              no seatbelt, bottle of Pacifico
held low out of sight
                                                (it always seems like the
              next to last go-round

                                                even though I ask you to
                                                                  lie to me & tell me it isn’t