PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Monday, October 8, 2012

I slept thru the best part

The roadside ferris wheel & opium vendors with
trouble in mind blues tipping the pagoda stool

Flashy shadow-boxing dance moves on a high-wire cathedral belt
 
I’ve painted my way out of so many corners I’m color blind
 
A wind went by just now
it had traveled across the vast Pacific
sprinted over the beach at Cowell’s & up Ocean Street
stumbled thru a few palm trees here on Wipeout Avenue
& continued on out to Donner Pass I guess
future beach front property if the Mayans were right
 
Dreaming by TV light
black & white footage, I could only tell you
what I thought it meant reflecting the uneven silver glow
the trees lit up with small birds accelerating

Something there is that rings a bell
180 degrees of fitful silence echoing in a seashell

I said that I prefer to sleep wearing sunglasses
& a big straw hat

“If you want a poem find a blank page”

 (Philip Whalen said that)