PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fuel Injection

My heart rattles like a sick whore
& my head’s nothing more than
a pebble skipping on the surface
& it’s all surface

The deep dark is everywhere in
varying degrees
like a trampoline in the buffer zone
                              the arch of whatever
              littered with dark white Modelo cans
                                                falling thru the lemon
                                                                              jello sky

                                                gone gone gone

              It’s as the man said
              there’s nothing left to die

& back on the silver side of your creepy rebirth
all the precious little chosen ones google your name

I never thought I’d become a bitter old man
but then I never thought I’d feel like I was going to pass out
in the supermarket checkout line either

I’ve got $3.98 in my pocket