PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Saturday, November 1, 2014

There was a time I thought a thesaurus was a kind of dinosaur

Although I was hopelessly distracted by Water Moon Kuan-yin
& some rather naive local shrubbery it was the cloud pattern that
kept me guessing
& like those who know or those who don’t but wish they did
those empty waves at the Lane deliver news
of distant storms that died at sea leaving nothing but a soft
sigh to be picked up by a weather satellite & transmitted to palm trees 
along Beach Street
                        as they present an interesting tableau set against the 
hazy blue upholstery of a late summer sky
                            green entanglements notwithstanding
I had a stolen surfboard & a library copy of Songs & Sonnets 
my hands resembled my father’s & my heart was like a Mars bar
melting on the manifold of a ’56 Chevy