PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Surf Music Hall of Fame

 
Cooking with gasoline
I was back on the coast
juggling a set of 27 ginsu steak knives
              feeling highly biodegradable
Winter was in the air but
        not quite there yet
Silver hung in the balance & jade
& a rare shade of azure I'd like to pencil in here
              alongside my heart

I saw you in yr reality
                                Insist on a hammer & then a
              walk down the street a ways

The sky is the same with a couple dings in it

                                                                cloud
                                                                star
                                                                pelican
                                                                time warp

I'd transpose the obvious if I could
but my mind is like bone

High Tide at Zero Beach
What I hear isn't just water but sand
        & rocks, wind & a low-frequency buzz
I figure comes from a shark's brain
        because sharks never sleep
& their brains have been known to flutter
        like butterfly wings